Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
What CAN YOU EXPECT
You will experience fellowship in the Caloundra congregation of the Church of God. Not another denomination or group, but a congregation of the Church that Jesus built and revealed on the day of Pentecost some 2000 years ago.
You will experience the love of God through a people who are born again and have given themselves to Christ and His service. God’s love is underserved and without condition.
You will experience singing, or as we call
You will be encouraged through fellowship, preaching and teaching to grow in Christ.
Some questions answered:
Do We Have Sunday School? No, there is no biblical record in the early Church in the book of Acts of separating children, youth or adults for Sunday School. We, therefore, worship together and our children listen and participate in our services.
What Do We Wear? We have no set dress code and want you to feel welcome, regardless of how you are dressed. We as a congregation hold to a dress code that holds to the biblical example of modesty.
Will You Be Asked For Money? While we do encourage and give time for tithes and offerings this is entirely on a free-will base. No baskets or offering bags are passed around. We as a congregation
Can You Join Our Church? No, because the Word of God tells us that the CHURCH is the people, not a building. The CHURCH spoken of in the Bible consists of those who have been saved and born into the Kingdom of God. As stated on our website, salvation ALONE is the only thing that makes you a member of God’s church.
HERE ARE SOME SCRIPTURAL FACTS PERTAINING TO THE CHURCH …
- Jesus Organized It (Matthew 16:18)
- Christ Is the Foundation (Ephesians 2:20; I Corinthians 3:11)
- Christ Governs It (Ephesians 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6)
- God Admits the Members (I Corinthians 12:13-18)
- Sin Puts You Out of It (Romans 11:22; Exodus 32:33)
- Only the Saved Are Members (John 15:2-6)
- Membership Is Offered to All (Revelation 22:17)
- Final Rewards (Revelation 20:12-15; 21:3-4: 22:14)
- Bible Name of the Church (Acts 20:28; Galatians 1:13; John 17:11)